Saturday 5 March 2016

5 year plan

‘Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ is the question that scares most of the youths my age. College students live in the moment, or from party to party to be more exact. But I could exactly tell you where I see myself and enlist all the means that need to be taken.

I know I want to travel. This feeling runs through my veins. It keeps me sane. But I don’t want to book an all inclusive hotel in Greece and not leave the pool. I want to live in new places. Get to know real people, not tourists. Get to know their customs. Grocery stores. Everything. I want to feel a part of it.

I would never say that travelling is expensive. I’ve read too many blogs justifying otherwise. I know it’s possible. I believe in it. I admire hitchhikers and stories about kindness in people. So if travelling doesn’t need to be expensive, what am I doing here, typing on my notebook at 8am?
I’m in this sad place called ‘before the journey’. I need qualifications to achieve all I’ve planned. Currently I’m a freshman at college and a full time teacher’s assistant in a nursery. I study on weekends and work on weekdays. Welcome to XXI century, you need both qualifications and experience.

In 2,5 years I’ll finish my BA in Education and hopefully a Montessori course certificate. As it’s insanely expensive (mind you I’m just a poor college student) I might stay to complete my MA and take that course. It’s all up to my non-existent savings. When I’m done with this, at age of 23 or 25 I’m moving to Ireland for couple of years. With my 2 cats of course.

As a non-Native English speaker I’d like to work in English speaking country. And not just work anywhere, I’ll be a Montessori teacher. As Dublin is said to be a great stop for travelling Europe I want to take advantage of it. I plan to say goodbye to the Old Continent in 10 years or so. Before that there’s plenty to see.

I hope Asia will become my new home. I think China or Thailand. Both interesting but the greatest disadvantage of China is communism and therefore censorship, lack of YouTube and Facebook. Thailand is also said to be a great stop for travelling Asia, so why not?


Ireland, Thailand… I’m coming. Just give me a couple of years to make dream come true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment